Out in the World |  Cities |  Laos |  People |  China Portraits

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Welcome to Ngapali Beach. Can you see the man in the speedo? There were several of them there. There was also a wooden building that served as a school right next to the beach, just past a $500 a night resort. These kids were on their way home from school. The beach is about a mile long, and the sand is white and soft (although there are a lot of sharp shells late in the afternoon, right when the football games begin). If you are thinking of visiting the beach, my advice: Fly! I thought I could handle any bus ride after some of my 20 plus hour marathons in China. I was wrong. By the way, the days prior to this, there was not a cloud in the sky. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home