Out in the World |  Cities |  Laos |  People |  China Portraits

Thursday, January 05, 2006

At this point I had to give up on photography at the beach. I am only putting this up to give an idea of life in the fishing village at the far end of the beach. There were thousands of fish spread out to dry on these blue nets, and many women collecting them. You can see in the background the thatch huts they lived in as well as the giant palms that line the entire mile long beach. The smell here was awful. I should also note that it was close to hear that I was surrounded by several of the many ragged dogs that roam free on the beach, almost causing me to wet myself and have a heart attack. Thankfully they did not attack me, but it took every bit of self control I possess not to panic and perhaps cause them to devour me - they sure as heck could have used the meal!  Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home